FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Analiese Eicher
March 11, 2022 firstname.lastname@example.org
For Our Future Wisconsin Celebrates ARPA Funding
“Wisconsinites are better off because of Biden’s leadership.”
WISCONSIN — Today marks the one year anniversary of President Biden signing the American Rescue Plan funding into law.
“The American Rescue Plan has been key to Wisconsin and America’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic,” said For our Future State Director Peter Drummond. “This relief plan provided a lifeline to all of us with immediate and direct relief.”
The American Rescue Plan provided funding for a national vaccination distribution program, resources to local communities and schools, and created measures to get Wisconsinites back to work safely.
- The year’s historic Child Tax Credit is estimated to benefit 651,000 families with 1,127,000 children.
- Thanks to the ARP, the vast majority of families in Wisconsin will receive $3,000 per child ages 6-17 years old and $3,600 per child under 6 as a result of the increased 2021 Child Tax Credit.
- The expanded Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit is providing working Wisconsin parents with relief from the high cost of child care.
- This year, Wisconsin families with incomes below $125,000 will get back up to half of what they spent on child care in 2021 while working or studying—saving up to $4,000 for one child or $8,000 for two or more children under age 13. Families earning up to $438,000 can get a partial credit.
- The expanded Earned Income Tax Credit will benefit an estimated 320,000 workers without dependent children in Wisconsin.
- For the first time, younger (ages 19-24) and older (65 and over) workers without dependent children in Wisconsin are eligible for the EITC.
- The ARP nearly tripled the EITC to roughly $1,500 for workers without dependent children, providing the first real increase since 1993.
“Wisconsinites are better off because of Biden’s leadership,” concluded Drummond.
Paid for by For Our Future Wisconsin, a project of For Our Future Action Fund. For Our Future Wisconsin is a progressive organizing hub that works to mobilize Wisconsinites on issues and elections and empower them to create lasting change that benefits working families and communities.